Friday 21 April 2017

My Swaps for Onstage April 2017


I pondered long and hard about which stamp set to feature as my swap card fronts for Onstage Local Sydney. It was a difficult decision as there are so many amazing stamps to chose from, I short listed them to five of my favourites. I made a few samples but all my ideas didn't seem to come to life as well as they looked in my visions. It was the week before the main event I still hadn't come up with a winning design, understandably, I was starting to get a little nervous, the pressure was on. It wasn't just my own expectations I had to contend with, but knowing that my card fronts will be in the hands of some of the most talented crafters in the in Country didn't help to ease the stress much either. In the end, I turned to my most trusted friend in the "Beautiful You" set, the lady with the umbrella. Each time I stamped with her, I managed to produce something beautiful. She came through for me once again, she didn't let me down. Thank you sweet lady, I am ever so grateful. 


 


4 comments:

  1. This Irene is gorgeous...I totally understand the thought process and trying things and not having them work on paper as you envisioned in the minds eye. The pop of colours against Timeless Textures in grey was the perfect finish for her. Wish I was there to receive one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Kim, thanks for your lovely thoughts and sentiments, your encouragement means a lot.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful and "unique" card. I love the background you created. Sometimes it takes a long time to get the idea from thought to paper, but when it comes together, it's a wonderful expression of creativity and talent. Take a bow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Penny for your thoughts, I think you're right, thanks for the encouraging words

      Delete