Sunday 21 May 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Nadine Koller


I have chosen to recreate Nadine' s Birthday Ballon project which she made with window box framelit and the matching card to go with the window box.


What stood out for me in Nadine's creation is the colour combo, and the idea of a matching card and a gift box. So that is what I have decided to take away from this example and recreate a version of my own. Here I have decided to use the new In Colours 2017-2018 Lemon Lime Twist and a touch of Berry Burst. 


I have used the flourishing thinlit dies, and used the both the negative and positive cut out together. This bit is a little tricky as it requires for a delicate touch. As I didn't want the cut out bits come away completely from the paper, I had to be very careful when transporting it from the Big Shot to the card front, keeping all the pieces intact. 


Finishing the card with a touch a of Berry Burst under the tag is just what it needed to give the card a bit more diversity and depth. 
Making the window box was a lot less complicated using the window box thinlit dies, its pretty easy to put together. I used the left over flourishing die cuts to decorate the box. 


Again added a touch of pink (Berry Burst) on top of the window box to tie it in with the card. Who knew that just a tiny bit of pink would make such a huge difference. Less is definitely more with this project.


What I really love about this project is that it's a clean and a simple card and gift box. There aren't many bells and whistles with this card, its doesn't need any. The white flourishing die cuts on the vibrant lemon lime twist is just perfect.

Thank you so much for joining us today. I'm Irene Rahman and to keep hopping around, please refer the list below to see who is up next. 


17 comments:

  1. One of the things that I so admire in Nadine's work is her delicate touch and you've got it too! This project is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgoues Irene and with just a little touch of the Berry Burst...perfection xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is so elegant, the Lemon lime twist is stunning. Simply gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What an amazing project! How amazing it would be to receive these! Well done ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. An absolutely beautifully made project. Well Done. Angexxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this combo. I figured out how to do everything but, I wanted to make sure I have the right color card base and box. I thought it was Pear Pizzazz, the more I look at it I wonder if it's Lemon Lime Twist?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Love the combo of colours & dies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Irene - so happy we're hopping together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and box Irene. Love the 3D dimension on both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Irene, love that little pop of Berry Burst.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Irene,

    thank you for the wonderful blog hop with your fantastic team! Your projects are so amazing, i love your color combination, it's a fantastic idea :) !

    Thank you and lovely greetings,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nadine, its a pleasure hopping with you. As I am fairly new to the game, its a privilege to have someone of your calibre joining the hop.

      Delete
  12. Wow Irene, gorgeous projects. Love everything about them :)

    ReplyDelete