Friday 17 February 2017

Ice Cream Birthday Invite


Okay! It's time for the big reveal. Some of you may remember I made mention of my son Rohan's 9th birthday in an earlier post. I have blogged about a couple of samples invites I made, but didn't show the one that made the cut. Well, here is the actual one Rohan went with at the end. All his guests should have already received the invite by now, so its safe to share with a wider audience. 

Out of my three children, his is the whose birthday falls in Summer, therefore, we usually try to have an outdoor party for him, or a birthday theme related to summer. This year we decided to go with an ice cream theme, which is one of his most favourite treats. So immediately, I went on Pinterest for some inspirations, and was surprised to find not many ice cream theme party ideas for boys, I guess its considered to be a more of a girl theme. But that wasn't a deterant for me, I am determined to prove that Ice Cream can work just as well as a theme for a boy's birthday party. Lets begin with the invite and stay tuned for more posts re: party deco ideas in this very same theme.

I was very excited that Rohan chose this sample out of the three I had made for him, as Stampin Up have produced a perfect stamp set just for this occasion called the Tasty Truck stamp set. I was able to get this as a free item when I placed an order over the value of $90. This is due to a special promotion called Sale-A-Bration promotion which is only available between the period 4th of January - 31st of March 2017.  Here I stamped the truck, the three little ice cream cones and the bunting in Black Archival Ink and coloured them in using SU newly released watercolour pencils, which I am in love with so much. Which again is another free item within the Sale-A-Bration promotion period 4th January - 31st March 2017. Once I coloured in each pieces, I went over it with SU's Aqua Painter brush, to blend the colours in and give it a smoother finish. I have made about 24 invites in total, and I know what you thinking, colouring in each pieces, one at a time, how tedious that would have been. Well, it wasn't as bad as you might think, as I had a very talented and gifted helper, the birthday boy himself. Believe it or not, he coloured in most of the trucks for me, it was such a great help. Other than a few blemishes, he did a really good, so proud of him.






This is where it was a little tedious, fussy cutting out each little tiny bunting to place on the far left corner of our ice cream truck. I could have stamped it directly on the truck, but I don't think it would have looked as nice.


I used layering ovals to cut out the ice cream truck and layered with the scalloped oval. 


For the inside, I made a shape of a icy pole, rounded the bottom edges with an envelop punch and the top with a number's punch which is not a SU product. Used a scalloped circle cutter to make the bite mark on the icy pole. I used a sponged Technic to get the lines on the icy pole to give it more contour. I placed a piece of paper Vellum paper and sponged on the edge of paper with Marina Mist, and moved the vellum further along and repeated the same steps. I used the Years by numbers stamp set and framelit dies for the greeting and the number nine. To give the number 9 depth, I used dimensional for stick the 9 onto the icy pole.


I printed out the party details on a second piece, same size as the icy pole and sandwiched it with a icy pole stick in the middle.



I made a bag out of the mini treat bag thinlit die, made a belly band out of the tasty treat DSP, completed by a little label banner also from the tasty treat DSP. I have to say that I am very pleased with how it all came together at the end.


Thank You all so much for visiting and taking the time to read my ranting. I hope its been worthwhile. Feel free to leave a comment or two, I always love to hear your thoughts. 

2 comments:

  1. WOW Irene how much dedication is that to the craft! Love every detail you added and the fussy cutting is just the icing on the ice cream truck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! love your play on words, too funny! thanks for your feedback, very encouraging indeed

    ReplyDelete