Friday 24 February 2017

Doilies & More


It's difficult to believe at first sight that this beautiful background is created with a boring old doily. Well, its not any doily, its Stampin Up's brand new designer lace doilies. This project is a collaboration between a few different sets such as: so in love bundle, dragonfly dreams, falling in love designer series paper, and lace doilies. 

I took part in a second card swap in the month of January 2017, and I selected this card as my swap card. 






To begin with, I made the background using the lace doilies by sponging over it with different colours. 


When it's done, this is how it looks,  then repeat the same step again and again until you achieve the desired coverage.



once you have the background, the rest is quite simple. I love the belly band from the so in love bundle, its so delicate and versatile, and makes quite an impression just on its own. But when you couple it with the sponged doilies background. it looks quite amazing. But It still needed something more.


Detailed dragonfly thinlit die goes perfectly with the belly band, gives it a real boost. I cut out the dragonfly using the falling in love designer series paper, its very subtle, but if you look closely, you can make out the pattern on the dragonfly.


To finish, I sponged a partial doily in the inside of the card.




There you have it, a spectacular looking card using doilies as the star of the show. Who would have thought that an old fashioned doily can make such a huge impression. Thanks for visiting, hope I have inspired you to use this echnic with the doilies, I highly recommend it. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Irene… So nice to meet you. This card is absolutely beautiful and I cannot wait to try it. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Annabelle ��������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annabelle for your lovely comment

      Delete
  2. What dollies did you use? The only ones I see in the catalog have a solid center. I love your idea.

    ReplyDelete