Tuesday 8 November 2016

My Swap for Stampin Up onstagelive2016

This was my first time partaking in card swaps at Stampin Up onstage events. Wasn't sure what to make at first. I played around with a few different ideas before deciding on this one. I went with this one because it looks simple and yet very effective. Although, I probably I could have simplified it even more by stamping with ink rather than embossing. Embossing does give it a dynamic effect, but when you're making about thirty of them, it becomes very time consuming.

A lot of people asked me what I used for the background. To get that effect, I coloured directly on the clear block with a marker, sprayed water very slightly and stamped directly on whisper white paper.

I did the background first, then did the embossing. You can also change the colours around and have some fun with it. You can see on the photos that I have tried it with white embossing powder, and just simply stamped with black archival ink. I quite like them as well.

Cardstock: Firty Flemingo and whisper white

Inkpad: versamark inkpad

Marker pen: Bermuda Bay, Flirty Fleming, Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Delightful Dijon

Stamp set: Thoughtful Banners, Flourishing Phrases

Punches: Banner punch

Other: gold embossing powder, Tombo liquid glue, Dimensionals, water spritzer
:
Rahmanirene@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous swaps! Love the marker to block technique - one I haven't yet tried myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy to do and quite effective. I was really happy when Sarah used this technique in one of her presentations.

      Delete
  2. Love it! I will have to use this technique in a class. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete